Find A Cottage
Holiday Cottage Reviews for Wren's Nest
Wren's Nest, 128 Front Street, Sowerby, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 1JJ
Description of the self catering property
Visitors thoughts and reviews who have taken a holiday at Wren's Nest plus interesting details are available to view here. Wren's Nest is a Thirsk self catering cottage that has 2 bedrooms for 4 individuals, 1 bathroom and welcomes children. With letting costs starting at £277, you can find images and information for Wren's Nest situated in North Yorkshire here.
- 4 individuals can sleep at Wren's Nest.
- Wren's Nest is a holiday property in Thirsk with 2 bedrooms.
- Enjoy 1 bathroom at Wren's Nest.
- Wren's Nest in Thirsk is dog friendly.
- This cottage Thirsk welcomes children
- Wren's Nest is not smoker friendly.
- Bed linen included at Wren's Nest.
- WIFI is available at Wren's Nest in Thirsk.
- Wren's Nest in North Yorkshire has a garden / patio.
- Towels included in price at Wren's Nest.
- Kids cots included in cost at Wren's Nest.
- This holiday let features high chairs included.
- This holiday let includes parking available .
Sleeps: from 1 to 4
Contact Name: Sykes Cottages
Telephone: 01244 746200
ReviewsReport a Review
Having stayed here last year, despite several shortcomings, I gave it a decent review. This was in part meeting the owner on departure & being able to discuss the shortcomings face to face. I really thought they would be addressed especially the health & safety ones. 12 months later, NOT one had been rectified. So to sum up:
1. unless you can fit through a 15" gap you will not be able to use the bath/shower. If you are not a contortionist you will not be able to use the bath/shower. If you are disabled/infirm you will not be able to use the bath/shower. There are no grab handles within the bath area to steady yourself. Depending on your length of stay, this will be a serious issue.
2. If you stream your TV, you will not be able to, as the broadband is very unstable.
3. There has previously been a leak in the 2nd bedroom damaging one wall, last year this was covered up with a bed sheet. 12 months later, the same bed sheet is still hanging there.
4. If you struggle to climb a ladder, you will not be able to climb the stairs to access the bedrooms. They are very steep, with high risers between each tread.
5. The welcome basket was exceedingly poor. 1 bottle of beer, 6 eggs that were not date stamped & a jar of home made jam, again with no safety labelling.
6. The key safe is low down at pavement level, behind a heavy plant pot. If you are not able to crouch down or it is dark you will struggle to open the key box.
7. The bin bags provided all had holes in them and were unusable.
8. Only 1 hand towel and very small bath towel were left in the main bedroom. No towels were left for use by the 2nd bedroom. If you are larger than the 15 inches mentioned above, you have no hope of wrapping the towel around yourself. This did not present a problem to us, as nether one of us were able to use the shower during the week, due to the lack of access.
9. Although the heating did work, the bathroom is very cold. It takes a long time to get hot water to the taps
|Make up of party: Mother & daughter|
Featured Cottages in North Yorkshire
Three Peaks Barn
Chapel le dale
The Power House
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ - All reviews are posted by third parties. As such they do not represent the views of My Cottage Holiday Limited nor should they be taken as a recommendation by My Cottage Holiday Limited of any property. ALL reviews are the opinions of other users and may not be accurate. They do not represent the views of MyCottageHoliday or its employees. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided on the site. The reviews and property descriptions are provided by members of the public to help you choose a holiday cottage but you should personally check ALL details with the property owner or their agent before making a booking.
My Cottage Holiday Ltd, Home Farm Cottage, Knowle, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2LY, Company No. 09974415,