Find A Cottage
Cottage Owners "Fast Start" GuideGet MyCottageHoliday.co.uk working for you right away.
You've added your self-catering property to MyCottageHoliday.co.uk because you have realised that impartial reviews, on an independent website, will reassure people considering a visit to your property. However, all of this relies on one thing - you will need to get some reviews.
Here are a few tips to get you off to a flying start:
1. Ask EVERY guest for a review - you know who your guests are, so you are in the best position to ask for a review on MyCottageHoliday.co.uk. Most people are happy to help. Read other owner's tips in our guide on "How To Get More Reviews"
2. Use your personalised 'Review Request' leaflet - we have provided personalised A5 leaflets for you to hand to your guests. Leave them in the visitors' book or, better still if you can, hand them over in person. Login to your Owner Admin area and follow the link to 'Print Personalised Review Reminder leaflets'. Just print out as many as you need (two to a sheet). Login to print off your personalised leaflets.
3. Send a reminder/link when guests arrive home - you probably already do some kind of guest follow up by email or by post. Why not include a link to your property review page on MyCottageHoliday.co.uk and gently remind your guests to leave a review. Again, we have supplied the link in your Owner Admin area. Login to get the link.
4. Add a 'Read Independent Reviews about this property' button to your site - impartial reviews on an independent site reassure potential visitors. Why not download the link button via your Owner Admin account and add it to your own property website or listings? An added bonus is that this link will also make it easier for former guests to find your page and add their reviews. Login to get the button.
5. Show your reviews on your own site - you can show snippets from your most recent reviews on your own website just by adding a little bit of code. Login and click the 'Show review snippets on your own site' link to get the code and show live reviews on your own website. Login to get the code.
6. Reply to a few reviews - research indicates that holidaymakers are more likely to respond positively if you reply to some of the reviews. You don't need to reply to them all, and you don't need to write a book, but show potential guests that you take feedback seriously by adding the odd comment. Login and take a look at your property. You'll see the Owner's reply link under each review. Login to leave Owner replies.
7. Add reviews from your own visitors' book - until you have started to generate reviews on your property from MyCottageHoliday.co.uk you may like to add reviews from your own visitors' book, letters or emails. These reviews may be useful to potential guests. Find out more about owner added reviews.
If you have a sure fire way to encourage visitors to add a review for your holiday cottage listing on MyCottageHoliday.co.uk we'd love to hear about it. Tell us about your ideas.
8. Send an email to former guests to ask if they would like to add a comment. Include the URL of your page to make it easy and you'll be surprised how many will be happy to add a comment.
Cornwall Inc Scilly
Beech Farm House
1 Dolphin Court
Cornwall Inc Scilly
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ - All reviews are posted by third parties. As such they do not represent the views of My Cottage Holiday Limited nor should they be taken as a recommendation by My Cottage Holiday Limited of any property. ALL reviews are the opinions of other users and may not be accurate. They do not represent the views of MyCottageHoliday or its employees. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided on the site. The reviews and property descriptions are provided by members of the public to help you choose a holiday cottage but you should personally check ALL details with the property owner or their agent before making a booking.
My Cottage Holiday Ltd, Company No. 09974415, Unit 2, Compass House, Velator, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2DX