Find A Cottage
Cottage Holiday Reviews for Withycombe Cottage
Withycombe Cottage, Timberscombe, Dunster, Somerset, TA24 7TB
Description of the holiday cottage
Withycombe Cottage forms one part of a complex of charming 4-star country cottages in a beautiful section of Exmoor National Park’s Avill Valley, between Dunster and Timberscombe. This property is one of the largest on the site, sleeping up to 6 people in one double bedroom and two twins. It is an 'upside down' cottage situated in the South Barn, part of a large stone building that used to be home to several cow stalls and a bull's house!
3 ground floor bedrooms (one double, two twins)
Ground floor bathroom with shower, plus separate ground floor shower room
Light and airy first floor lounge with good views
Up to two dogs welcome (supplement of £20 per dog)
Wifi, Biomass boiler heating, and electricity included in cost
Bed linen provided; towels can be hired for £3 per person
Child-friendly accommodation with cots and high chairs available upon request, plus complex’s two-story Gate Lodge Play Centre featuring swings, slide, fireman’s pole, and assault course
Check-in between 3pm and 6pm, check-out by 10am
- Apartment located within idyllic 9 acre country complex, featuring picnic areas and a river safe for guests to paddle in
- Shared use of indoor heating swimming pool and spa bath with changing and shower facilities; games room with pool table, table tennis table, table football, and mini trampoline; a further large (14 foot-round) trampoline with protective barrier netting; hard tennis court (operating on "turn up & play" system with racquets/balls available for guest use); and football net, situated in the "play paddock" where guests often play cricket or badminton, fly kites etc.
- Shared information room with payphone, information brochures, children's books, videos, and DVDs
- Often possible to see owner's two Shetland ponies grazing in nearby paddock
- Short breaks available outside of main school holidays (Mon-Fri / Fri-Mon)
- On-site car parking with plenty of space. Also possible to drive directly to apartment for unloading/loading purposes
Contact Name: The Best of Exmoor
Telephone: 0117 3180763
Hmm.. we don't appear to have any user-submitted reviews for Withycombe Cottage. If you have stayed here, you can submit your own review.
Featured Cottages in Somerset
Bath Lodge Castle
Norton St Philip
33 Crescent Gardens
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ - All reviews are posted by third parties. As such they do not represent the views of My Cottage Holiday Limited nor should they be taken as a recommendation by My Cottage Holiday Limited of any property. ALL reviews are the opinions of other users and may not be accurate. They do not represent the views of MyCottageHoliday or its employees. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided on the site. The reviews and property descriptions are provided by members of the public to help you choose a holiday cottage but you should personally check ALL details with the property owner or their agent before making a booking.
My Cottage Holiday Ltd, 33 Exeter Road, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2JP, Company No. 09974415,