Find A Cottage
Cottage Holiday Reviews for Winder Cottage
Winder Cottage, Bratton, Minehead, Somerset, TA24 8SL
Description of the holiday cottage
Winder Cottage is a Grade II listed, 16th century thatched country cottage that has recently been comprehensively refurbished to an outstanding standard without compromising its exceptional charm and character. Located in the delightful hamlet of Bratton, the property is surrounded by open fields yet conveniently is just a mile from the centre of Minehead. The interior of the building is notably furnished throughout with quality items and fittings, and boasts a picturesque winding staircase connecting the sitting room to the first floor, from which the cottage earned its name.
2 bedrooms (one king-sized double and one further double)
Ground floor kitchen-dining room and sitting room
Upstairs bathroom with walk-in shower, heated towel rail, and underfloor heating
Wifi, heating (adjustable by room), and electricity included in cost
Utility/hall area with washing machine and tumble dryer
Pets welcome (max. 2, supplement of £15 per dog)
Sky TV and DVD player provided, with small collection of recent DVDs
Towels, bed linen, and tea towels provided
Check-in from 4pm, check-out by 10am
Please note that due to the steep winder stairs, this property is not suitable for for wheelchair users or those with restricted mobility
Please note further that the gardens are secure for dogs and children, but guests with small children should be mindful of the dangers of the stream
- Freshly installed kitchen with underfloor heating is fully equipped with triple-oven electric range cooker, butler sink, wooden worktops, large fridge-freezer, microwave, and wine fridge
- Lovely private, enclosed garden with stream running through it, and large patio area with table and chairs, from which a secured gas BBQ and glorious views of the surrounding fields can be enjoyed. Also includes fruit/vegetable garden area which, depending on the time of year, may provide plenty of fruit for guests to indulge in. The gardens welcome an abundance of visiting wildlife, such as rabbits, pheasants, sheep, and a variety of small birds
- Sitting room features large inglenook fireplace with wood burner and basket of logs and kindling provided
- Large entrance hallway to the rear of the cottage houses a pair of comfortable armchairs which afford a wonderful view of the garden and bird feeders
- Off road private parking for cars on the driveway in front of the cottage, inside double gates, with additional parking available opposite the cottage, in front of the garage.
Contact Name: The Best of Exmoor
Telephone: 0117 3180763
Hmm.. we don't appear to have any user-submitted reviews for Winder Cottage. If you have stayed here, you can submit your own review.
Featured Cottages in Somerset
Porlock Vale House
Double House Farm
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ - All reviews are posted by third parties. As such they do not represent the views of My Cottage Holiday Limited nor should they be taken as a recommendation by My Cottage Holiday Limited of any property. ALL reviews are the opinions of other users and may not be accurate. They do not represent the views of MyCottageHoliday or its employees. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided on the site. The reviews and property descriptions are provided by members of the public to help you choose a holiday cottage but you should personally check ALL details with the property owner or their agent before making a booking.
My Cottage Holiday Ltd, 33 Exeter Road, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2JP, Company No. 09974415,