Find A Cottage
Holiday Cottage Reviews for Hopetoun Howff
Hopetoun Howff, 6 Hopetoun Terrace, Gullane, East Lothian, EH31 2DE
Description of the self catering
• Pleasant self-catering accommodation for family, couples, corporate clients, walking and golf enthusiasts or players.
• Sleeps up to 5
• Two Bedrooms, sleeping 3. The master has a double bed, the smaller bedroom a single bed. The double sofa bed in the lounge can sleep another 2.
• Bright Lounge/Sitting Room with a leather sofa and sofa bed, flat screen TV with DVD player, radio, CD player and a coal-effect gas fire.
• Shower Room: This has a power-shower cubicle, w/c & wash hand basin.
• Kitchen: Fully equipped with gas hob and fan oven, kettle, toaster, microwave and fridge-freezer. The utility cupboard contains the washing machine and dryer, and also the combi-boiler which provides instant hot water and central heating. Kitchen table with two chairs plus two foldaway chairs.
• Central heating, hot water, electricity, bed linen and towels are all included in the rental.
• A pathway at the rear leads to a lovely mature private garden. Both the front and the rear gardens are secure and safe for children and dogs.
• Free 24-hour on-street parking - there is seldom a problem getting parked near the front door. If need be, there is plenty of free parking in nearby Goose Green.
• Check-in from 4pm, check-out before 10am.
• To confirm a booking a minimum deposit of 10% of the total rental cost is required. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
• Short breaks may be available - please contact owner to enquire.
• Smoking is not allowed inside the property
• KEY COLLECTION AND RETURN: Instructions for obtaining the key will be given only when full payment has been made.
• Pets welcome (max 2 dogs @ £20 each)
• Free fast fibre Wi-Fi
• Open coal-effect gas fire
• Private enclosed gardens at front and rear
• Garden furniture at rear
• Linen and Bedding provided
• Bath towels provided
• Washing machine
• Tumble dryer
• Iron / ironing board
• Hair dryer
• TV (freeview)
• DVD player
• CD player
• Travel cot (no bedding)
• Partial disabled access
• Beach toys for the children
• Set of basic golf clubs provided
Nearby Golf clubs and courses :
• Gullane 1, 2 and 3 (short walk away)
• Muirfield (short walk away)
• Archerfield Links
Pubs & Restaurants a short walk away in Gullane:
• The Golf Inn
• The Old Clubhouse
• La Potiniere
• Greywalls Chez Roux
• The Village Coffee House
• The Main Course
• The Mallard
• Falko's German Bakery
• Gullane Superfry (great fish & chips)
• Beautiful Gullane Beach and dunes within easy walking distance
• Ancient Tantallon and Dirleton castles
• Scottish Seabird Centre
• Boat trips (Bass Rock, etc)
• National Museum of Flight
• Myreton Motor Museum
• Boat launch
• Wind Surfing
• Cycle Paths
• Bank and ATM
• Regular buses to Edinburgh, and also trains from nearby Drem or North Berwick.
Sleeps: from 1 to 5
Contact Name: Ann Hosea
Telephone: 0131 2616544
Hmm.. we don't appear to have any user-submitted reviews for Hopetoun Howff. If you have stayed here, you can submit your own review.
|There are currently no reviews from MyCottageHoliday.co.uk users, but the following reviews have been added by the owner and may be of help.|
Reviews Added By The Owner
|Why do we allow owners to add reviews?|
|Cottage Review: We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and loved the walks on the beach.|
|Cottage Review: Fantastic place to stay, love the short walk to the beach. Having stayed in North Berwick for many years while younger, found Gullane just as nice and a lot more peaceful. Would love to return here.|
|Cottage Review: Mixed weather but we had a great time regardless. Visited Edinburgh on 3 days, sampling The Fringe, which was great fun, and the wonderful castle. Enjoyed Gullane - the beach, The Old Clubhouse, North Berwick, quirky little shops, lovely beach. Fascinating visit to Tantallon castle, and great views of the Bass rock. We feel we have just sampled some of what the area has to offer and will hopefully be back. Lovely apartment, very comfortable and welcoming.|
Another fabulous stay, thank you for the tip about Seacliffe beach (private beach just past Tantallon Castle on the left, on the bend. £2. 00, fantastic harbour, smallest in UK) for any visitors. Gullane beaches good as ever. For those who have not been to this area before, handy tips. Use train to edinburgh(Drem or longniddry) use station car park or follow the road round and park there. Visit Seacliffe beach and harbour. The Old Clubhouse is good for food or a nice drink at the end of the day. walk on the cliff tops at North Berwick, past East Links golf course, beach where you can see Bass Rock. Band practice on Wednesdays 7. 30Nth Berwick. Try Buttercup cafe in Nth Berwick. Try S Lucas ice cream.
Thanks for the warm welcome, H and P W.
The Power House
Cornwall Inc Scilly
Cornwall Inc Scilly
Isle of Wight
Lower Wadden Farmhouse
Abbey Dore Court
Mountain View Lodge
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ - All reviews are posted by third parties. As such they do not represent the views of My Cottage Holiday Limited nor should they be taken as a recommendation by My Cottage Holiday Limited of any property. ALL reviews are the opinions of other users and may not be accurate. They do not represent the views of MyCottageHoliday or its employees. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided on the site. The reviews and property descriptions are provided by members of the public to help you choose a holiday cottage but you should personally check ALL details with the property owner or their agent before making a booking.
My Cottage Holiday Ltd, Company No. 09974415, Unit 2, Compass House, Velator, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2DX